Let's Find Some Motivation!

Hello, anonymous friends!

I'm not always as good at being an adult as I was this morning. I listened to my body and woke up at 6am today- ready to start a day of work at the Bed and Breakfast. Plans for the day fell through, my hours changed, and here I am at 8am, sitting at my desk and ready to write a post for my infant blog.

Only, what the heck should I say?

Honestly, I haven't even focused on my genealogy this week. I've done a lot of brainstorming and not a lot of work on my projects. Story of my life.

So, I figured, lets put our minds to completing a project this week. Do one thing you've been putting off in your research (or your life, whatever needs to be done the most!) and pat yourself on the back. Here's my goals for this week.

1. Do some reading up on the Virginia Mines of Franklin County. I have a lot of family members who worked there- I need to know more about their life!

2. Track down all the "Peirce" families in the township's platt map where I know my family lived. Hopefully I can find some information on my gggg grandfather Abraham Kinsey Pierce or his family.

3. Practice using an actual research plan....I really need to figure out how not to keep getting lost in circles of researching and re-researching. Aye aye aye.



Leave a comment below to let me know you're listening! And subscribe to get notified any time there is a new blog post.

What are your goals for this week? How do you track your genealogy research?  What general historical research have you done that has made a difference in your own genealogical searches?

Love always and happy hunting!
Morgan

Comments

Popular Posts